Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FOLLOW UP

This is a FOLLOW-UP on the How Can I Be Happy? post...A little while ago I spent a few minutes texting a friend who is going through a divorce. It's tough and brought up memories of how I felt back in 1985 when I found myself in similar circumstances. If you'll read my testimony on the "More About Me" page you'll see I wasted so many years not being happy. It was only after I finally. FINALLY. turned over my marital status to God. I had been single for almost 14 years so I figured that's the way it was going to be. God had other plans. I just needed to get out of the way so He could work in my life.

Jeremiah 17:7 says “Blessed (happy) are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.”

The advice I gave my friend was consistent devotion and service. THAT'S how God becomes your hope and confidence. I think I'm pretty smart sometimes. :0) jk I'm just so glad I have realized what truly makes one happy.

Thank you, God, for being real in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment