Sunday, January 16, 2011

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU

Today I want to introduce you to a couple of devotionals I subscribe to. When I got involved with Twitter, I found there are a lot of people who are bloggers, and I subscribed to quite a few, to put it mildly. I was so excited to read what other people were writing. Of course, I was soon overwhelmed with all the emails and blogs to read. So...I unsubcribed to most of them. Some were Christian in nature. Some were about life in general. Some were about food or raising children. You name it. There is such a variety in the blogging world. I wish I had time or energy to read them all. People are interesting and are from all over the country, from all walks of life. Now that I look back and think about the ones I still subscribe to, I realized that a few of my favorites are devotionals that I was subscribing to before I got interested in blogs. I want to introduce you to a couple of them now.

Late April 2009 I went to the Just Give Me Jesus conference with Anne Graham Lotz, Billy Graham's daughter. That was my first exposure to Anne. I quickly subscribed to her daily devotional. She is an awesome writer but what I think I like most is her ability to share great truths from God's word in such a small number of words. Click here to sign up for her daily devotional.

Another favorite devotional is an oldie and a goodie. It's a very familiar and well-known devotional but we're use to seeing it in paper form. Somewhere along the way, they decided to go high tech and put it on-line. I'm talking about Our Daily Bread. You know the quarterly...small booklet full of daily devotionals? It's been around forever, I'm sure, but it is a wonderful devotional. I see the paper form on my mother's side table, as a matter of fact. Click here to check it out!

There are more. I have others. I'll share them with you another day, alright? Until then, look these over and start your day off with a few minutes focused on God and His word.

Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment