Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ever Been Under a Cloud?

I received my normal email yesterday from Stephanie Shott's blog. She was doing a little bit of cyber space PR, as she called it, and mentioning some of her favorite blogs. As I'm scrolling down the list, I SEE MY NAME. WHAT?!?!?! I haven't written anything in quite some time. (Maybe a hint from her, I think! Hmmm!) So I looked at my blog...my goodness, it's been a month already. Where does time go?

I am not a "writer." I do not have an overwhelming desire or passion to write so unless I'm in the mood or have something special to share, I just don't write. But lately, I've just been under a cloud. Actually, as I said once - or maybe Stephanie did - I've been carrying my cloud with me. (Sigh) I think possibly I've let my cloud go back in the sky, and I'm no longer carrying it with me but it seems to still be hovering. I know what triggered it, and I've moved on for the most part but stuff is still bothering me. Something else comes up here and there. I'm not depressed. It's not anything like that. I need to make a change, and I know what it is. I'm tired of feeling like this. Just sayin'...

I will leave this with you. I read it yesterday in my daily email devotional from Life Application..."Those who follow God live differently from unbelievers and, in the end, will have far greater treasures in heaven. What the unbeliever gets may last a lifetime, if he is lucky. What you get from following God last forever."

I've thought about that. Ya know, there are a lot of people who confess to follow God but it makes you wonder when you look at how they live their life. What are their passions? What do they pursue? Talk is cheap BUT God does reward those who are truly following Him. He knows the difference. He sees beyond the words. He knows how we REALLY live.

What about you? Is God convinced with your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment