Saturday, March 12, 2011

READY OR NOT?

Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. 1 Peter 3:15 (NLT)

I don't know how to share the gospel. What if they ask me something I don't know? I'll get embarrassed. I don't want to offend anyone. They don't want to hear that.

We can really come up with the excuses, can't we? I think my favorite excuse maker in the Bible is Moses. He said he wasn't a good speaker. God didn't really agree with him but he did give into Moses' request and allowed Aaron to go with him when he would see Pharoah.

I can understand Moses' reservation. With his background and connection to Pharoah and the fact that the entire nation of Israel was in slavery, it was a mighty big task to go before him and demand he let them go. Of course, I'm processing that with my very limited human way of thinking, mind you. Had Moses been doing it on his own, and I'm not talking about Aaron, the task would have been insurmountable, for sure. But Moses carried it out. God is always able.

So! 1 Peter 3:15 says we should always be ready. Always be ready to explain our hope. As Christians we certainly have reason to hope. Actually, because of what Christ did on the cross,we have more than hope. We have a guarantee because Christ defeated death. If we worship Christ as Lord, the guarantee is ours. Why wouldn't we be ready to share what Christ did for us? Why wouldn't we? Really!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would love to spend time with you on a regular basis. If you would like, please sign-up to receive email updates when I write a new post. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment