Thursday, March 10, 2011

CONFIRMATION

Six days later Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up a high mountain to be alone. As the men watched, Jesus’ appearance was transformed, and his clothes became dazzling white, far whiter than any earthly bleach could ever make them. Then Elijah and Moses appeared and began talking with Jesus. Peter exclaimed, “Rabbi, it’s wonderful for us to be here! Let’s make three shelters as memorials—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” He said this because he didn’t really know what else to say, for they were all terrified. Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him.” Suddenly, when they looked around, Moses and Elijah were gone, and they saw only Jesus with them. Mark 9:2-8 NLT

The disciples have seen a great deal from Jesus and have heard him teach. They had followed him at his request. We see times of great faith and belief and a few verses later, we see ignorance and lack of understanding. Jesus often would choose his specail three to go with him. They saw and heard things the other disciples were not privy to. God must have thought they needed some reassurance. While on the mountain top there is a huge change in Jesus' outward appearance. We see in just a moment that it's a result of being in the presence of God. He acknowleges and confirms Jesus is who he said he is.

Note to self...I'm a believer. I trust Jesus with my eternity. I've received Him in my heart. He changed my life. Because He gave me the Holy Spirit to help me live out this Christian life, I have also been in the presence of God. They are part of each other. Just like Jesus, shouldn't there be an outward change as a result of what happened inside my heart?

If people around us cannot see evidence of a change in our lives, there is something greatly wrong with our experience. We need to be telling people about how our lives were changed but most importantly our lives should show evidence of the great change that happened inside. Just sayin'...

I would love to spend time with you on a regular basis. If you would like, please click on the link to the right to sign-up for email updates when I write a new post. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment